Saturday, August 04, 2007

Making Money

I realized recently that the marketers I know, be they network (MLM) or internet or (the few) direct mail marketers, basically are doing one thing. They are doing the marketing game just to play with the technique of marketing and not really to make any money. There is a LOT to learn about marketing, don't get me wrong. And you can always do better. And we say we want to make money but we deceive ourselves. What we really are focused on is the doing of marketing, not the making of money.

You are probably wondering, what is the difference, and why would anyone care? Actually the difference is profound and helps to answer the question why 98% of people involved in marketing and home based businesses fail and never make any money. They are focused on the wrong thing and aiming for the wrong goal.

It also begs a bigger, broader, even more important question: Do other (or all!) professions do the same thing?

Do doctors focus on doctoring an not on making money?
Do teachers focus on teaching and not on making money?
Do salesmen focus on selling and not on making money?
Do consultants focus on consulting and not on making money?

I suspect that such is the case.

I know I did exactly that as a doctor. In fact, I doctored so I wouldn't have to think about making money.

Somehow we have been overtaken by this idea of doing what is right or what is our passion and the money will flow. I think it has given an excuse for us to be lazy.

Maybe the better concept should be: think about and focus on making money, find a tool about which you are passionate to use in the process, and let the money flow!

Bottom line, though, is let the money flow!

Does that make us greedy, selfish, out of focus?

Could, but that is a different issue. That goes to our heart motives. Assuming we have the motives straight, the result should be the receiving of money, and in large amounts. For this is a measure of our value, to ourselves and to others. For this is the means by which we can begin to do the ministering to others we all are so anxious to do. As my newest mentor says, "Poor people can't help poor people; rich people can help poor people." (True not just about money, by the way!)

To help us stay on focus, we should perhaps change the names of our occupations. Instead of doctor, lawyer, ditch-digger or whatever, we might all call ourselves "money-makers" (with a speciality in whatever)!

MoneyMaker - Doctor.
MoneyMaker - Laundryman.
MoneyMaker - Ditchdigger.

It would begin to level the playing field and help us each see where the real value is: in ourselves, not in our occupation.

Let's go make some money!

Blessings,

Dr Jon

To get started, get some help to get the mindset changed about money.
Here are some resources:

The absolute basic you MUST read is:

Think and Grow Rich

If you send me an email I will send you a copy of Think and Grow Rich in PDF File Format for free!





http://www.jonmoreshead.com/ - go down the right hand column and choose some of the books available there, especially Amazing Increase, Warriors Nest, Spellbound.



There are MANY more! - Give me a holler by phone (314-750-6916) or email.

And if you really want to go start making money and not just learning about how, go here, sign up and let's get you started:

I Want to Make Some Money


1 comment:

Chuck Bartok said...

Hey good buddy Dr Jon.....
Great direction.

I just finished a small group seminar and brought up the importance of financial success.

But my approach is a little different.

It all starts with the Plans of Action....

Creative Idea.
Fine tuned and the Cash Flow projections put in place.
Apply Massive Action

If my PLAN says...

I will net $xxx per sale

Need xxx prospects to get one sale.

My financial target is $xxx per day (I like per day becuase it is cinch by the inch... and it keep you focused)

I then need to present my program, product concept with xxxx people a day.

XXX hours per day= xxx people per hour.

My motivation is the Net Profit ...which in turn grows to Wealth Building...

but always set aside % of net to re-invest into expansion, tools and system. to allow more leveraging.

Making money is just like Fishing, Golf, Horseback riding....it is fun when you know how...

and you learn How by doing it.

"I have never apologized for the comment when asked "What do you do for a Living"....

I make Money and show others how to also.

Your Good news Merchant
Chuck Bartok